We are currently looking for some dedicated and motivated volunteers to come to work with us. Three positions are available. Please send CV and motivation letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org. The persons must commit themselves for a minimum of 6 months. We are also looking for occasional trainers to participate to our training.
Project Coordinator :
-develop Images for life project and strategic plan for 2009-2010 ; fund-raising and networking ; follow-up and support students’ projects (production, fund-raising, etc.) ; organize new training sessions ; help developing ideas for visuals ; organize dissemination of visuals (films festivals, photo exhibition tour) ; develop exchange programs ; organize events (screenings, exhibitions, slide-shows) ; coordinate the work of all volunteers and staff involved ; report to donors and director ; documentation of the project, update the website and develop new communication tools for projects.
- Experience in management of cultural projects and fund raising ;
- University degree at Master level, preferably in media or other relevant fields ;
- Fluent spoken and written English ; Arabic is an asset ;
- Excellent coordination, management, and supervisory skills ;
- Communication skills ;
- Ability to work independently in difficult environment ;
- Must demonstrate strong sense of initiative ;
- Ability to manage a team.
Conditions : 500 dollars/months + possibility of basic accommodation in the camp.
Photo coordinator :
- Follow up with the activities of the photo group ; develop and implement a programme ; participate to the photo training ; report on the training sessions ; update the website, organize the files ; document the project ; check the equipments and identify new needs ; invite other photographers to participate to the training ; support the students in their projects ; help to develop visuals ; write proposals ; network with other photo groups and projects.
- Ideally the volunteer should be a photographer ; have some experience into training ; dark room techniques ; Photoshop ; must be fluent in English.
Conditions : volunteer work, possibility of accommodation in the camp
Video coordinator :
- Follow up with the activities of the video group ; develop and implement a programme ; participate to the video training ; report on the training sessions ; update the website ; organize the files ; check the equipments ; document the project ; follow-up the equipments and identify new needs, invite trainers in film-making to participate to the training ; support the students in their projects, help to develop visuals ; write proposals ; network with other video groups and projects.
- Ideally the volunteer should have some experience in media and film-making ; have some experience into training, editing (Adobe Premiere), must be fluent in English.
Conditions : volunteer work, possibility of accommodation in the cam